About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Monday 18 August 2014

Chimay Red

More Trappist beer!

The good monks of Chimay make beer that comes in different coloured bottles. The red, or rouge, is the least strong of these. 

I had this beer as when I asked for a beer du demon the bar maid couldn't find it and started to look a bit flustered at the people waiting behind me. The post office vaults doesn't seem to have a system for putting beers into the fridges and this can result in a long wait for a beer.

The beer itself was nice, a fairly standard dubbel style beer with a kind of rich fruity sweetness going on. Drinkable but not special, although I was glad it was only 7% as some if these Belgian beers can really bowl me over when they push into double figures. 3.5 out of 5. 



I also learned that there may be plans afoot to move the post office vaults 3 doors down the road. Exciting if this is true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment