About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Sunday 17 August 2014

St Sebastian Grand Cru

Sometimes I think the whole beer passport is just a way to sell me rubbish, such as the entire Floris range of beers, and very expensive beers. This beer comes in a a hefty £11.50, but hell I'm probably only ever going to have it once.

It comes in a very distinctive ceramic bottle and for my £11.50 it is Big bottle coming in at 500 ml rather than the normal 330 ml so it's practically a bargin.

The beer itself is very nice. It's a golden beer with a rich deep flavour. It's quite warm in the mouth but is pleasant and refreshing as well as having a nice complex flavour. Having finished the beer my other half decides to retain the bottle and put it to use in the kitchen holding olive oil. Maybe the £11.50 was a bargin. 4 out of 5. 


No comments:

Post a Comment