About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Monday 18 August 2014

Gregorius Trappist

Another day another Trappist beer, those monks just love brewing. This one comes from a small relatively new Trappist brewery in Austria. Following on from the St Sebastien this one come in at over £8 and I don't even get a cool ceramic bottle to keep, oh well. 

The beer itself is very dark and packs a lot of punch. It's full of flavour, malty and very sweet, much sweeter than most beer I have had. A quick glance at the ingredients reveals the reason for this sweetness, those crafty monks have added honey to the mix. Overall I enjoyed this beer and actually found the sweetness nice, it did however start to cloy a little towards the end. 3.5 out of 5. 


No comments:

Post a Comment