About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Monday 18 August 2014

Ename tripel and cuvée

I was in the post office vaults last Monday, and when I ordered my drink  the barman informed me that I was in the presence of greatness and introduced me to Kieth, one of the 3 people to have finished the 200 beers. I had a chat to him and he informed me that he thought the Ename beers were a good drink. So I had two of them.

First up, the tripel. 


I can say that this lived up to Kieth's promise and was a very likeable beer. Slightly sweet and very warm in the mouth it went down very nicely. 3.5 out of 5. 

Next up the Cuvée 


It has a slightly pink colour and I was fearing another berry flavoured nightmare. It proved to be ok but lacked a real in depth flavour. It was very light and fizzy. No where near as good as the tripel. 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment