About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Goller Rauchbier

Rauchbier, it's not a good thing for me to see on the list but at least there is only one more left after this one. This one comes in a very nice bottle, I really like that pop cap style you get on some beers. The beer is quite dark and has a smokey flavour but is not as strong as the previous smoked beers I have tried. Overall it was ok if you like that kind of thing.

While having this beer I got to witness a grand event, the decorating of the pub with new hop vines. As I walked in the hop vines were piled up and I got tk watch the quite comedic attempts of the owner mike with the help of a very tall guy trying to mount these above the bar. After some time and much trial and error they managed this feet but left the rest of the vines to the employees rather than the owner to put up. 

2 out of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment