About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Saturday 24 May 2014

Orval

The start of a half term holiday heralds a chance to really amp up the drinking, and so on a Friday after work it was straight to the post office vaults for an Orval.

Orval is another Trappist beer, brewed by some monks in Belgium. The beer has a very distinctive and lovely skittle shaped bottle and comes in at 6.2%, pretty weak for a Trappist beer. I don't think this is a bad thing as when we are getting up into double figures these beers have a real tendency to kick my ass. The beer itself is very, very nice, it has quite a distinctive flavour and is quite sweet but I really like it.

4.5 out of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment