About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Monday 5 May 2014

Pietra Colomba

I spent my weekend in Oxfordshire playing ridiculous non sports, drinking and getting baned from KFC.  The non sports I took part in were footgolf and Aunt Sally. Both are ridiculous and I was was fully rubbish at both of them.

The beer I am writing about at the moment is a Colomba by Pietra and I had this while waiting for a train to transport me to the exotic world of footgolf. Now I have mentioned that I have been enjoying my wheat beer recently and this seems to be what the French have to offer on that front. Now Beer isn't the first thing I think of when France is mentioned, it's more miserable people who shrug and 'allo 'allo and wine, the French bloody love wine. Having drunk this I can see why the French get through a lot of wine, and coffee they love that aswel, it's incredibly bland. It's completely non offensive but just really lacks anything that I would consider to be flavour. If it was this or some chateauneuf du pape, I'd take the wine. 1.5 out of 5

In addition it's congratulations to my friends Jon and Michelle on the birth of their daughter. I hope this doesn't slow down Jon's own beer challenge of collecting 1000 different beer bottle caps.

No comments:

Post a Comment