About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Schneider Weisse Unser Aventinus (Tap 6)

So my trip through the German Weisse beers continues with this offering, the Unser Aventinus. It comes with quite a reputation with Toby the barman declaring it one of his favourites. It doesn't disappoint. It's a dark wheat beer in the doppelbock style and tastes of fruit and malt and is warm and  delicious all the way through drinking. It's a delight. As I finish it the bar man tells me if I enjoyed it I should try the eisbock version of the same beer, a kind of freeze distilled super version. That beer comes in at 12% so will have to wait for a non work night.

4.5 out of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment