About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Monday 19 August 2013

Barbar

For the final beer of the staff night out before I left for Bridley Place I ordered a Barbar. The barman at the time informed me that I was only getting the proper glass, a frosted mug type affair, as there was someone else to get it due to him not touching frosted glass, I guess we all have things that put us on edge.

When I got it back to the table the other teachers were disappointed that the mascot/emblem was nothing to do with Barbar the Elephant. Everyone had a taste and the consensus round the table was that it was a brilliant beer, I however didn't like it. I have stated numerous times that I don't like flavoured beers and this one has been sweetened using honey. While the sweetness from the honey wasn't overwhelming it was certainly enough to put me off. It reminded me slightly of the one time I had tried mead, not surprising really. I didn't like mead either. After this it was off to Brindley Place then we ended up in a 90s club. I was amazed they have 90s clubs, I was also very disappointed by the music it certainly didn't live up to my idea of the 90s. Beer score 2 out of 5. Club score 1 out of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment