About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Monday 19 August 2013

Karmeliet Tripel

This beer is taken as part of another works night out. Thankfully its right at the start of the night unlike the beer that I don't really remember.

So a group of teachers assembled before moving on to the more rowdy venue of Bridley Place to celebrate the end of term but started a little more civilised. My first of the night was a Karmeliet Tripel. when I ordered the barman gave an approving nod saying that this was one of his choices of beer. Research tells me that it is brewed to a recipe from 1679 and according to this has won some very noticeable awards. While I really enjoyed it as a beer I couldn't taste the banana that the world beer award tasters suggested was there. Overall I thought it was brilliant. Golden in colour with a deep complex flavour and the right amount of alcohol coming through. 4.5 out of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment