About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Leffe Brun

So I have spent the last couple of days in Reading saying goodbye to my little brother. He is off on a round the world trip taking in the USA, Australia, South Korea and Japan. Now I don't know anything about the beer in South Korea or Japan, and I know that the beer isn't the best in Australia but I do know a little about craft beer in the USA. SO hopefully you are reading this and you should get yourself down to one of the Pony Bar locations. In Chicago you should head for one of the brewpubs run by Goose Island. Have fun bro.

Anyway to the beer. I was having a drink with my mum and opted to continue with the drinking some Leffe. Now Leffe is an abbey in Belgium but they license out the beer to ABInbev (the world biggest beer company) so its a bit of a trying to look local and small from the the big company. The Leffe Brun itself is exactly what you would expect, nice without being brilliant. It has a slightly sweet malty flavour and goes down well. 3.5 out of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment