About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Tuesday 6 August 2013

St Rogue Dry Hopped Red Ale

The Dry Hopped Red Ale from Rogue is one that I have been trying to get my hands on for a while. But it's been out of stock for a while and I had started to feel a bit of a fool asking for it over and over at the bar with little success. However on a boozy Thursday night out with a jeweller, a radio newsreader and a couple of teachers my luck was finally in.

I guess the real question is was it worth the wait. To this day I'm not sure. It wasn't a bad beer, it might even be a really good beer (its won a lot of awards), but I don't think its my kind of beer. I found it to be too bitter. Almost like one of those really sour sweets you get where your cheeks get sucked in by the sourness. As I go on I enjoy it more but not enough to have made the wait worthwhile. 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment