About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Sunday 18 August 2013

Urthel Hop-it

My girlfriend is in some ways a bit of a beer widow. I am forever dragging her to beer festivals and down to the Post Office Vaults for another beer. I have tried to get her into it but she just doesn't like beer. Even during a tasting session from Daas, who make some nice beers despite them being gluten free, the only comment she came up with about all of their beers was "it tastes like beer".

She does however seem to enjoy picking the beer that I am going to drink based solely on the name. Today she has selected Urthel Hop It. What strikes me first is the loveable character adorning the glass. He has a big nose and one hell of a beard, which I can only hope to emulate one day. The beer itself is very nice, not that typical of most of the other Belgian beers I have tried but actually quite reminiscent of some of the American craft beers I tried early on. Overall I like it. 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment