About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Vuur and Vlam

Once again I let my girlfriend choose the beer and she picked the amusingly named Op and Top. However on getting to the bar it became apparent that this wasn't in stock and so in keeping with the strange sounding Dutch beers I selected a Vuur and Vlam. It was an extremely pleasant beer, with a nice deep colour a good head and a deep slightly malty flavour. Very nice.

While drinking this I ran into a friend who works at Free Radio. While chatting to him and his fellow radio news readers, I mentioned th best and the worst pubs about. Me and my girlfriend warned them off The Crown on hill street as its a bit rough. They duly ignored me and went to the crown. I got a message later just saying "it was worse than you said, I had never been to such a place before". Suffice to say if you are in Birmingham near the station go to the Post Office Vaults for a drink and not The Crown.

3.5 out of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment