About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Thursday 11 April 2013

Delirium Nocturnum


While at the Post Office Vaults this evening me and my girlfriend started chatting to a nice couple on the table next to us. They were from Preston and were taking a holiday to Birmingham, strange but I guess Birmingham is better than Preston. They were extremely knowledgeable about beer, and were jealous about the proximity of a pub like the POVs to our home. They showed me the phone app untappd. It's a bit like facebook for beer so I will be trying that out. They also shared the location of two fine beer shops in Birmingham, Cotteridge Wines and Stirchley Wines. Both seem to have an amazing array of beer available and at some point I will get out of the city to check them out.

Anyway yet again I let my girlfriend choose the beer, and she plumped for the Delirium Nocturnum from the Huyghe Brewery in Belgium. This get approval from the other people in the bar and my girlfriend looked like she has won the lottery.

Its the first beer I've had that gives a decent head and we are much impressed by the bottle and the design of the label. The beer itself is brilliant, tasty, lets you know how strong it is without overpowering and has a really good balanced flavour. 4.5 out of 5.

1 comment:

  1. hi, like the blog, great challenge to do!

    Untappd is great also, fun elements to it alongside the beer geek side!
    I'm on there, friend me up!

    ReplyDelete