About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Mongozo Coconut


Now I am drinking this next thanks to a comment from Arn, someone who commented on my blog and does his own blog on beer, specifically all the beer he has drunk in South Wales. Check it out, he has certainly seen off a lot of beers.

It being the end of the Easter holidays I am back at work and Tuesday night means meeting night. To try and take the depression out of meeting night I will be trying to go to the POV on Tuesday evenings to keep moving towards the end of the passport.

Being dubious to start with, this is from the same people who brewed my least favourite beer so far, I headed to the bar and ordered a Mongozo Coconut. I am greeted by my bottle of beer and a distinct lack of a glass to put it in. Instead I am given an empty coconut shell, lucky me. I take a seat and decant my beer into my shell. I feel a right prat sat in a pub of serious beer drinkers sipping out of a coconut shell, its like everyone is watching me and judging me. Thanks Arn.

The taste, well I think it is best described as drinking a beery Bounty. While not totally without merit its not what I am looking for in a beer, firstly it doesn't taste enough of beer. The sooner I have got through these "novelty" beers and onto some proper beer I will be happy. 1.5 out of 5.

1 comment:

  1. *laughs out loud*
    well that made my morning, sorry about that, picking blind from the list i didn't expect such an odd beer! love the fact that have a shell ready for it.
    perhaps you should publish the list but then that would take the fun out of it for others randomly picking numbers!

    ReplyDelete