About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Sunday 14 April 2013

Floris Chocolat

The idea is sound I suppose, I like beer, I like chocolate, so chocolate flavoured beer should be amazing. However as I went to the bar I was far from convinced. The barman, the same one who served me the Floris Fraise, gave a wry smile as he disappeared into the rooms behind the bar to find the bottle. On a side note I can only imagine that those rooms behind the bar are something like the warehouse out of Raiders of the Lost Ark but with beer instead of crates.

On pouring out the beer it looked ok and I took a tentative sniff, it smelt horrible. Like a spicy mix of chocolate and beer. It tastes was the same. Now I've drunk beers I don't like that much, mainly stouts and porters, but I could see the appeal of every one that I have drunk, they all had some redeeming quality. This didn't. It was horrid and I struggled to finish it all. My girlfriend said I couldn't write about it unless I finished it.

I handed the empty to the barman and told him my views, he agreed, labelling Floris Chocolat as the worst of the 350ish beers they do, he did however mention a man who comes in and only drinks Floris Chocolat. I pity that man. 0 out of 5.



3 comments:

  1. You sure this passport is not just a (clever) way of clearing their stock room??!!

    Can i request you do no. 73 next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wondered if they are just trying to clear it out. I have been warned by one of the barman that the Floris Passion fruit is another bad one so am not looking forward to that.

    By no. 73 do you mean the 73rd beer in the passport which is Mongozo Coconut? That doesn't sound like too much fun either.

    The next beer has already been drunk I just haven't blogged about it yet. But I suppose no. 73 could be the next one to be drank.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no that doesn't sound too good, glad it's you not me!

    I've no idea what's on the list, I'm just happy to load this Russian roulette beer gun!

    ReplyDelete