About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Thursday 11 April 2013

Delirium Tremens

Having had an excellent beer from them previously I decided to push on with the Huyghe Beers. This time going with the Delirium Tremens, apparently named for the shakes you get when going through alcohol with drawl, no chance of me getting those while pushing on through the 200 beer challenge. The beer is a golden ale and looks quite fizzy, you could probably mistake it for a larger if you weren't paying attention.

The beer itself is delicious, full flavoured and up front with a nice long aftertaste. I can't really fault it, I'd guess if I was really picking I could say it tastes quite strong but then it is quite strong. 5 out of 5.

A note on the scoring, I've given this 5 out of 5 and it deserves it in every way, its better than the 312 Wheat Beer or the Deliurium Nocturnum. But who is to say that I wont find an even better beer, I guess what I am trying to say is that the scoring is comparative not absolute and maybe we will see a 5.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment