About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Thursday 18 April 2013

Raging Bitch - Flying Dog

So this is the final beer on the list from the Flying Dog Brewery. I have really enjoyed their offerings. I ordered it hoping to regain some credibility after the coconut fiasco. The bottle had the normal flying dog anarchic artwork and the description on the side read Belgian Style IPA. Now I don't know all that much about brewing history but I thought that IPAs were British beers, brewed nice and strong to survive the long sea journey to India were British soldiers were eagerly waiting to get wasted. Not sure what Belgium has to do with anything.

The beer was nice, very bitter. At first it almost gave that citric acid/sour sweet effect were I could feel my cheeks being sucked into my face. This sounds unpleasant but the actual flavour and aroma of the beer helped to balance the bitterness. Overall a quality beer. 4 out of 5.



No comments:

Post a Comment