About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Thursday 25 April 2013

Hopfenkonig

The next beer for the Sunday afternoon is Hopfenkonig from the Eggenberg brewery in Austria. Now so far I have had about 22 beers off if the list and this is only the second larger, strictly it's a pilsner but whatever. As I young adult I cut my teeth drinking larger in various rugby clubs across the country and then went off to university were I mostly drank larger. Larger gets a bad rap, most of what we get in pubs is pretty bad mass produced rubbish that is cold but hasn't got much to it. But every now and again you come across a larger that is very nice, one such example being the one from Brooklyn.

Hopfenkonig is one of these good largers, it's crisp, refreshing, and has a nice flavour to it, a solid and easy drinking 3.5 out of 5.

Nik continued his adventure away from Guinness with a 312 Urban Wheat Beer from Goose Island, he certainly seems to like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment