About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Thursday 11 April 2013

Floris Apple

No picture for this one as I managed to leave my phone at home. It was an unexpected visit as I had been dragged shopping by the other half and managed to convince her to let me get a beer. Today's offering is the Floris Apple from that finest of Belgian brewers Huyghe.

Fruit flavoured beers are a bit of a mystery to me, I've had the odd pint of strawberry flavoured beer and its alright for half a pint and then a bit sickly after that but based on previous offerings from this brewery I went in hoping for the best.

The beer itself looks like a wheat beer but has a fruity appley smell that reminds me of esters.The taste is quite nice, at first it tastes like most other wheat beers, maybe a bit sweeter, but then it finishes with quite an appley aftertaste. All in all not bad, certainly something for the summer and not as bad as I thought a fruit flavoured beer would be. 3.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment