About Me

This blog follows my journey while drinking my way through the Post Office Vault's beer passport taking in 200 beers from around the world

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Floris Honey

So what better way than to spend a Sunday afternoon than having a few beers with a friend. With this mindset I headed to the POV to meet my friend Nik. Now Nik is a devout Guinness drinker, in fact I can't remember the last time I went for a drink with him and he didn't have a Guinness. The POV doesn't have Guinness so I hoped that somewhere in there selection of 350+ beers we could find something that he would like.

I started our Sunday drinking with a Floris Honey, I have decided to tackle the Floris range by having one every time I go. This should help to split them up. I was greeted by a cloudy golden liquid that smelled strongly of honey.  It tasted at first surprisingly of beer, a true rarity for a beer in the Floris range, but this was quickly replaced by a sickly sweet taste of honey. 1 out of 5.

Nik started his drinking with a Delirium Tremens, based presumably on the 5 out of 5 score I gave it. While he said he enjoyed it I suspected that he would have rather had a pint of the black stuff.

On writing this I decided to have a poke around the website of the brewery that make the Floris beers, if we take into account the Mongozo range, it turns out the Belgians will literally put anything in a beer, I mean palmnut flavoured?! Quinua flavoured?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment